WASHINGTON (Husky Stadium)
- WASHINGTON HUSKIES FOOTBALL
- GAME DAY: September 5, 2009
- OPPONENT: LSU
- SCORE: Tigers 31, Huskies 23
- CAPACITY/ATTENDANCE: 72,500/69,161
- THE TRIP: The game was the conclusion of a trip inspired by the "Twilight" movies to the town of Forks, Washington (where the Twilight movies takes place). We ended the trip in Seattle and attended the game with our friends Lynn and John. My son Charlie wanted to leave at halftime and I will never forgive him.
- IMPRESSIONS: Fantastic energy from the crowd and a spectacular view of various parts of Seattle from the nosebleed seats. The most vertical (steep) stadium I've ever been in.
- WE LOVED: Running into the entire LSU football team at the Seattle Space Needle before the game.
- TRAVEL TIP: Take the time to walk around downtown Seattle, it's one of the most beautiful cities in the country. The area around the fish market and the aquarium is fantastic.