VIRGINIA (Scott Stadium)
GAME DAY: November 10, 2012
- OPPONENT: Miami
- SCORE: Cavaliers 41, Hurricanes 40
- CAPACITY/ATTENDANCE: 61,500/45,870
- THE TRIP: Charlottesville is a 2.5-hour drive from our home, so it was an easy road trip for my son Charlie and me.
- IMPRESSIONS: Beautiful stadium especially on a nice fall day. After attending a lot of SEC/Big 12 games, the crowd seemd very subdued (and polite compared to most crowds), making noise really only on key third downs. One end zone has a large sloped grass field behind it, where anyone can sit and watch the game. Tailgating was sparse and low-key.
- WE LOVED: A very exciting high-scoring football game, with the Cavaliers scoring the winning touchdown with just 6 seconds left on the clock. Going on the field after the game. Walking around UVA's beautiful campus.