TCU (Amon Carter Stadium)
GAME DAYS: October 3, 2015 vs. Texas (won 50-7), September 17, 2016 vs. Iowa State (won 41-20)
- OPPONENT: Texas
- SCORE: Hornfrogs 50, Longhorns 7
- CAPACITY: 50,000
- THE TRIP: In 2015 my daughter Abby and I visited the Dallas/Ft.Worth for college tours at SMU and TCU; subsequently my oldest daughter Grace enrolled at TCU and we visited her for the 2016 game.
- IMPRESSIONS: TCU came into the ranked #3 in the country and were playing their long-time rival Texas Longhorns, so the atmosphere was electric and only got more energetic as the Horn Frogs built a 30-0 lead in just the first quarter, on a beautiful sunny fall day (although one of the darkest days in Longhorn football history). The stadium itself was renovated in 2012 and is beautiful. Relatively small but plenty loud. Concessions were easy to access and reasonably priced. Fans were very friendly, very positive atmosphere.
- WE LOVED: The TCU campus which is stunning and worth a visit if you're considering college in Texas.
- TRAVEL TIP: Visit the Ft. Worth Stockyards for truly unique attractions, dining and shopping.