DENVER (Invesco Stadium)
GAME DAY: August 21, 2010
- OPPONENT: Detroit Lions
- SCORE: Lions 25, Broncos 20
- CAPACITY/ATTENDANCE: 76,100/73,093
- THE TRIP: We took a family vacation to Colorado and decided to spend a night in Denver. The Broncos happened to be playing so I went with my daughter Abby and son Charlie.
- IMPRESSIONS: We bought scalped tickets for $25 apiece, which ended up being in the very top row of the stadium on the 10-yard line. From there we had a magnificent view of the game, the stadium, downtown denver and the mountains. The stadium was 90% full for a preseason game - I can only imagine the energy for a regular season game. Oh, and that rumor about Denver's high altitude giving the Broncos an advantage? -- I can tell you I just about passed out after climbing stairs to the top of that stadium. Twice.
- WE LOVED: More of an old-fashioned atmosphere. No constant loud rock/hip-hop blaring in your ears. Great fan support. Having a horse on the field. Beautiful views from the top of the stadium. Listening to my kids sing "Hail to the Redskins!" at the top of their lungs to the folks in our section.
- TRAVEL TIP: If you visit Denver, stay at the Curtis (Doubletree) Hotel downtown. Great service, walking distance from Coors Field, shuttle service to and from Broncos games, reasonably priced.