CLEVELAND (Browns Stadium)
GAME DAY: October 3, 2010
- OPPONENT: Cincinnati Bengals
- SCORE: Browns 23, Bengals 20
- CAPACITY/ATTENDANCE: 73,200/66,731
- THE TRIP: Two of my kids were begging to visit the Pro Football Hall of Fame (they didn't have to twist my arm much) so we planned a weekend in Ohio visiting the Hall of Fame and an Akron game on Saturday, and the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame and a Cleveland Browns game on Sunday.
- IMPRESSIONS: The Browns played their in-state rival Bengals (the twice-yearly "Battle of Ohio"), so the crowd was especially pumped up. Awesome stadium and fantastic, energetic (and I think almost universally drunk) fans. Very vertical/tall stadium which gave the game an intimate feel - we and our 60,000 new best friends). Relatively little obnoxious public-address advertising. Concessions were unremarkable but lines were short. Great team store on the lower level.
- WE LOVED: The Dawg Pound (although I underestimated how crude the fan base was - don't take young children there). The Ohio State Marching Band performed at half time.
- TRAVEL TIP: The stadium is easy walking distance from downtown and is adjacent to the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame. Makes for a great day.
- A LITTLE POEM TO COMMEMORATE THE TRIP:
Methinks he drinks two too much
Falling down the aisle and such
'Twas at the rowdy Dawg Pound that
My sweet-eared children first heard "t*#t"